Monday, November 22, 2010

Om Nom Nom

So, I've always LOVED potato chips and fries.  I can make a meal out of just those.  I often favor the fries over the hamburger.  I try not to have chips at home because I can eat a whole bag in one sitting, and that's just not good for you.  Anyway, you get the picture.

I discovered that making my own steak fries is super easy, tasty, and healthier than buying them.  And it allows me to get my potato fix at home, any time.  All you need to do is toss sliced potatoes with olive oil, coarse salt, pepper, and sometimes, minced garlic.  I pop them on the rack sitting atop my bake sheet.  Sometimes I slice them more thickly and they're more wedges than fries.  Up to you.

Bake at 425 degrees until they look done.  Crispy, yummy, and not at all oily.  Serve with ketchup and sour cream/chives on the side (to simulate baked potato goodness).  So good that H thought I had bought them somewhere!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...