Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Zero Waste

I read this interesting article in Sunset about this Northern Californian (but of course) woman who leads her family and home in a zero-waste lifestyle.  That means, bringing cloth bags to the grocery store, buying in bulk without packaging, composting, and EVERYTHING in between.  My knee-jerk reaction was that she was a crazy hippie.  But after I let it simmer for awhile, I started to get interested.  I'm positive that I can't do what she's doing (very few can), but I think we can all be less wasteful and more mindful of the waste we generate.

Here's the article in Sunset, and here's her blog.  Check it out!

And just because posts without pictures are boring, here's a picture of the scariest cloud H and I have ever seen.  Everything's bigger in the Midwest.  What does this have to do with a zero-waste lifestyle?  Oh, nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post! i believe there is a sustainable level of waste production, but of course zero-waste is best. SF is aiming to become a zero-waste city. Taipei, with the help of the buddhist tzu-chi foundation, is getting really really close. Glad you're coming around to the hippies. i guess i've sort of become one...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...