Monday, February 21, 2011

Favorite Foods

Remember when you were a kid and people sometimes asked you, "What's your favorite food?"  And you know how little kids, including yourself, usually answered:  "hot dogs!" "pizza" or better yet, "ice cream!"?  Well, I used to always answer "my grandma's tak-tori-tang."  Insert puzzled look here.

A lot of my childhood memories involve my grandma's amazing cooking feats and so naturally, my favorite food was one of her creations.  Tak-tori-tang is basically a spicy chicken stew.  I tried my hand at it last week, totally on a whim one night, too late at night to call my grandma for the recipe.  Plus, I find that for people who are awesome cooks, like my grandma or my dad, recipes aren't precise -- they're operating on instinct.  So, of course, I googled it.

This is the recipe I used.  Definitely try it.  But use less red pepper paste.  3 tablespoons was too much so H drank his fair share of water.  Not as good as my grandma's tak-tori-tang, but a decent effort!

2 comments:

  1. This is turning into an awesome food blog - only problem is, it always makes me so hungry! When you gonna cook for me, LovelyCozy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your try is so audacious and very impressive. I do not know its taste, but it looks so good. We have an old saying, "Food which looks good is also one which tastes good." So, it must be very tasteful. Good try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...