Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Green

I have a love/hate relationship with plants.  House plants, to be exact.  I should be much better at taking care of them.  I'm genetically predisposed to having a green thumb after all.  Both of my parents have green thumbs, and my maternal grandfather was an amazing gardener.  So what's up with me? 

My biggest plant success was also my biggest failure.  I had a gardenia plant for my office back in 09.  Notoriously difficult to tend to, the plant failed to give me flowers for months.  Maybe it was the season?  I don't know.  But it was a pain in the butt, and even got little spiders at one point.  Then, suddenly, in late winter/early spring, it gave me over twenty flowers, one after the other.  It was incredible.  Milky, snow white, velvety blooms.  I even saw some flowers unfurl at work.  It was so prolific that people at work could smell it from down the hall.  Sigh.  I loved it. 


 

 
Then, during Thanksgiving week, I left it in a sunny window down the hall since my office wasn't getting enough sun.  I forgot about it.  It not only died from lack of water, it dried up into a crisp.  Doh!  Woops.  That was over a year ago.  Time to try again?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...