Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy V Day to you and yours!

Our V Day started on Saturday since that's the only day H has off.  He surprised with hot-air ballooning!  He woke me up at the ungodly hour of 4 am (which is, mind you, pretty much when he has to wake up during this rotation) and we trekked to the launch site.  I was so excited (and still a little zombie-like from lack of sleep)!  It was really fun.  You literally feel the sensation of floating on air, the ride is so smooth.  And because hot air balloon rides are usually associated with wine or citrus country in valleys, you have great vistas of flat land paired with mountains in the distance.  I recommend it!  Afterwards, the winery from where we launched set up a little breakfast with fruit and mini-cakes, and their signature almond sparkling wine. 

Another thing off my bucket list.  Now, about that one horse open sleigh...

Launch site
 
Up, up, & away!




This was a different company, but I love its name.
  


Horses were everywhere. 


2 comments:

  1. I love it, props to G for a well-executed surprise!

    I love how your hot air balloon ride was exactly the same as my hot air balloon ride when I was a kid, except that instead of vineyards, wineries and valleys, I got to see the wheat-strewn plains of the prairies. No horses, but maybe a gopher.

    Happy V-day, my pet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! How exciting that you went as a kid. Eagle eyes spotting a gopher!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...