Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mmm Sugar Cookies

I get my insane sweet tooth from my dad.  A meal is just not complete until it's capped off with something sweet -- it doesn't even matter what it is.  I've been known to down handfuls of dry sugary cereal after a full meal just to get my fix.  I was shopping for groceries a few days ago when I decided that I had to get a box of cookies or something similar.  Maybe it was because I was at Costco, or maybe it's because of inflation, but I just couldn't justify spending $10 for some cookies.  So, I looked up some recipes for making sugar cookies at home -- they wouldn't require buying anything, and I could whip them up whenever I felt like it.

I found this basic recipe here.  Seems fool-proof (very necessary) and well-reviewed.  I gave it a go.  But I also tweaked the measurements, which you're really not supposed to do when baking.  Woops.  It came out fine though!  I halved the butter content (definitely do this if you make these), and reduced the sugar by about 1/4 cup.

I'd make this again.  They're chewy and yummy baked up REALLY QUICKLY.  I'd probably stick to the sugar measurement next time though, as they could've been sweeter.  If you're going to frost them or drizzle some kind of chocolate or caramel sauce, however, you can reduce the sugar in the recipe.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...