Friday, October 21, 2011

Fun Push Pins

I made some decorative push pins last month for a friend for her office.  I made these for myself a few months ago when I decided that I needed cute push pins for my bulletin board at work but didn't like the choices I saw on Etsy.  They are super easy to make!  All you need is:

  • fabric of your choice
  • metal button kit (with pushing rubber cylinder)
  • thumbtacks
  • hot glue

I bought all the materials (except for the glue gun, which I already had) at Joann's Fabrics.  

Buy the metal button kit for the size of button that you like (making sure that the thumbtack head can fit inside the back); Follow the super simple decorations on the kit (cut circles of fabric, place metal button head-down on fabric, use pusher tool to tuck fabric into the back part, snap the metal backing piece into place); Hot glue the thumbtack into the back piece so it rests inside.  



Wrapped a little matchbox with paper, tucked the pins inside, and sent it off!  Now, off to search for more ways to make my office space less sterile...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...